Scottish Book Trust is a national charity that believes books, reading and writing have the power to change lives. Barcapel awarded a grant of £20,000 to deliver ‘Reading Buddies’, a shared reading project that involves older pupils and parents sharing a love of reading with younger reading buddies in their school.
What Barcapel Supports
Our three priority areas of interest for funding are health, heritage and youth.
- HEALTH - all areas of medicine and healing are supported by the foundation, with a particular interest in complementary and alternative therapies.
- HERITAGE - we are committed to preserving and protecting our artistic and cultural heritage, especially with reference to the built environment.
- YOUTH - the foundation supports all areas of development for young people especially those from socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Befrienders -- £11,000
- Scottish Book Trust -- £20,000
- St Mark's Hospital -- £20,000
- The Willow Tea Rooms Trust -- £25,000
Application Form (59.5 KiB)
- To apply for a grant, in the first instance please download this form, complete it concisely and return it with a covering letter to Barcapel HQ.