The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The European Union’s new privacy law comes into effect from 25 May 2018. This new law contains rules designed to protect personal data and sensitive data of a living individual. The Barcapel Foundation Limited are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of individuals. This Policy, together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data about an individual which we hold will be processed by us. By visiting and using the website an individual is accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Personal data means any personal information that we hold, or are likely to hold, relating to an identified or identifiable living individual. In practice, this means personal information we hold in connection with applications to us for grant funding and information provided about grants which we have awarded.
- The information we will collect:
We will collect and process personal information about an individual which has been provided in connection with an application or potential application for a grant or the award of a grant by completing application forms or reports, contacting us by phone, email or otherwise. This information may include:
- The name, telephone number and email address of an organisation’s contact person or other member of staff
- An individual’s name, address, contact number, educational history and other personal information in relation to an application or potential application for a grant to fund a project or the award of a grant
- Information about individuals who have benefited from a scholarship grant which we have awarded to an organisation for the benefit of students
- Where an applicant or potential applicant for a grant provides personal information relating to another person, we will ask the applicant or potential applicant to confirm to us that they have obtained consent on behalf of that person to provide the personal information to us
- How we use personal information:
Any personal information provided will be collected and processed in order to:
- Undertake our procedures in relation to considering applications for funding, advising of the outcome of those considerations and where appropriate preparing contracts to provide an organisation or other persons with funding
- Maintain records of how funding was utilised
- Notify changes to our service
We may disclose personal information to selected third parties including:
- Independent Assessors for the purpose of gathering further information on an application for a grant or the award of a grant
- Our Accountants
- Our Auditors
- Where required to a relevant regulatory authority
- Where we store personal information:
Information obtained may be held by us and authorised third parties, as specified in Point 2 above. However, as we are the Data Controller of all information received and processed by us, all questions in relation to what information is held and how it is processed should be addressed to us.
We will hold personal information only for as long as is necessary and in accordance with our Archiving Policy. Personal information will be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people.
We can only be held responsible for the security of personal information once received by us, we cannot guarantee the safety of any correspondence sent by surface mail or email until we are in receipt of that correspondence. Thereafter we will use our security procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Links to other websites:
- Rights of an Individual
An individual has the right
- to access their personal information which we hold – this may be done without charge and can be obtained by contacting us directly
- to protect their personal data
- to restrict the movement of their personal data and
- to object to processing of personal information concerning him or her
- Governing Law
The Barcapel Foundation Limited
Ayrshire PA17 5EY
Tel No: 01475 521616
Registered Scottish Charity Number: SC036795